Using BoltonSmith's PasteBin
BoltonSmith’s PasteBin allows you to send sensitive, encrypted data through a secure, password protected link.
- In a web browser, go to https://email.bsiapp.ca (see image below).
- Under the Editor tab, write down the sensitive information you want to send OR click the Attach a file button to upload a document.
- Set the duration for how long the data will be accessible to the recipient with the Expires drop down menu. Options include: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month. After this time, the data will be deleted from the server.
- If you check the Burn after reading box, the data will be deleted after the recipient accesses it.
- We recommend always setting a Password for additional security. Simply input a password in the Password (recommended) box.
- As a default, Plain Text is selected under the Format drop-down menu. This does not need to be changed.
- The Preview tab next to the Editor tab will show a preview of what the recipient will see.
- Press Send once all the information has been uploaded and a password has been set (optional).
- On the send screen (image attached below), a link will be populated where it says “Your paste is ________”. Copy this link and sent it to the recipient for them to access your encrypted data. There will also be a preview of your text in a grey box below the link.
- Send your recipient the password hint or the password through a different channel than you sent the link. E.g. Email them the link and text them the password.
Send Screen Example